Monday, September 13, 2010

Ft. Myers Week 18

I had the best Sunday I think I ever have had on the mission...

We are teaching a family that is just absolutely amazing! There are not words to describe the love that I have for this family. The mother, Elia is 25 and I feel like we are best friends... she is like a sponge. Whenever we come over the first thing she says is, "Do I need my books?" Oh, I love her so much! She is living with her boyfriend. At first we thought he didn't like us all that much. He is very spiritual and has a lot of knowledge about the Bible. But after a week of teaching Elia she accepted a baptismal date. Well, then he completely opened up, and guess what we found out! He is a MEMBER! He was just keeping his distance so that Elia could make the decision on her own. She didn't even know he was a member. She has 3 children, none with him. They have only been together for about 6 months but they are so in love! He is 18 and he didn't finish school because he had to go to work at the age of 14 to support his family because his mom was dying of cancer. It is just an amazing story of how these two found each other. The lesson that we taught Elia about the law of chastity made me a little nervous because she is living with her boyfriend. Well, it went amazing, in fact right when she realized that she was breaking one of the commandments, she was like "Oh, I need to change." So she prayed about it and she wants to get married. The only problem is that they want to wait awhile, but we are working on that! :-)

So yesterday, we were anxiously waiting for their family to get to church. I was nervous... really nervous because they hadn't called and they were late. So I called her and she said, "We're on our way." When I got off the phone I screamed, “YYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!” Then I jumped up off the couch and danced around! The members of the Haitian branch got mad at me and closed the doors to the chapel. I felt bad for maybe a second... Maybe ;-) but oh boy... I couldn't have been any happier!

While we were sitting in the church we filled an entire row with her family. I was sitting next to them and I looked over right in the nick of time and managed to see Aldair, her boyfriend take a ring off of his pinky finger, and put it on her ring finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man! HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER HEARD OF THAT!!!!! A PROPOSAL DURING SACRAMENT MEETING???!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! So we will be having a wedding here soon and a sealing in a year no doubt in my mind!!!!! We know that Satan will bring out the big guns because this is a very special family. I have no doubt they will become very strong leaders in the church. Satan tried this morning. We got a call from Aldair and Elia got pulled over. She had an expired license and well, got arrested. So the ward pulled together and got bail and got everything figured out. BRING IT SATAN! WE WONT GIVE UP! :-) OH I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

Hermana Lai is amazing! We are having a lot of fun! She is definitely a lot shyer than Sister Baum but it is a great experience working with her. We are exact opposites but definitely united in this great cause to bring the Gospel to EVERYONE! We both want that more than anything!

Love you all!

Hermana Vavughan-Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment