Monday, April 26, 2010

Hasta Luego St. Petersburg!

HERE I COME FORT MEYERS a.k.a. Rio Vista! It is about a 3 hour drive south from here and I hear it's like you are in a whole different country! It is called the “language zone.” There are no English missionaries, only Haitian Creole and Spanish! It is going to be a HUGE change from St. Pete! HUGE!!! But I'm soooooooo excited! Sis Baum will be my new companion. She is amazing! I met her brother in the MTC, and just hearing about her, I've wanted to be her companion since I got here. She is a HARD worker! So we're going to tear it up! :-)
 
Seven and a half months in St. Pete makes this really like my home. I didn't realize how much I had come to love the people here, until I had to start saying good bye. I realized that this will likely be the last time I see a lot of them for the rest of my life. I am tearing up just writing this.
 
I can't believe how much this area has grown! At interviews with President Colton I talked to him about how we felt a little overwhelmed with the amount of people we were teaching, and with all those still waiting to be taught. So we talked about adding another set of missionaries in the area and how it should be split up and what not. So, that's what they are doing. St. Pete will have TWO sets of sister missionaries!!! Now it will really grow!!! The members are sooooo excited! I love it!!!!
 
Virginia showed us how to make flour tortillas! They are so good! She is doing so amazing and is staying so strong in the gospel! I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of so many people's conversions and helping them on their journey of finding faith in Christ.
 
We had four investigators at church on Sunday. Very exciting. Eleven new investigators this week! It is so hard to leave when such great things are happening, but Sister Petit is coming here! With her and Sis Alva and the other two sisters, St. Pete is in very good hands!!! 
 
Serving a mission was the best decision that I have ever made in my life. I love every second of it. I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I have never in my life felt the joy that I have felt here on the mission. EVERY PERSON who has the opportunity or ability to serve a mission, SHOULD!
 
I see miracles every day here, but I think the greatest miracle I have seen is the one inside myself.
 
I love every one! Thank you! Sorry it's so short but, I have some packing to do! :-)
 
con amor por todo
 
Hermana Vaughan-Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment